14 June 2006

Static Cling


Today's blog deals with clinginess. I can't speak for others, but only for my self. I can be clingy... very clingy. I like to think something or someone is mine, even if I have to share them, and I get whingey when I have to share.

I end up alienating those that I cling to, only to lose interest due to familiarity. I had this happen with someone, but in reverse. He is a sweet guy, but at every turn he was always "there", and in the end I distanced myself. It's a shame too because I was developing something, and had I not been 'frightened off', I think I'd still be in active contact.

It is only half of my cautionary tale, as I did something out of jealousy and clinginess that damaged what was a possible developing relationship. I latched on for dear life only to almost lose him altogether. The lesson I learned is that he wasn't really mine to begin with and may never be.

Some lessons don't need to be learned, but are necessary anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger *BB* said...

You are so like me

19 June, 2006 07:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home